BrastinOS 0.30 - Theme support!!!
Hello everyone!!!!!!! It is BrastinOS update time again, this time I bring themes, optimisations, a much nicer startup with troubleshooting steps if you accidentally mess up the installation.
- Almost every colour in the operating system can be changed now
- This colour information can be changed via the global variables
- The recommended easier way to change them is by using the colour pickers in desktop/themes/colours
- If you want to save a theme you've created, type "dumptheme <name>" in the console and it will output a theme file than you can run to set the theme
- Theres a folder, desktop/themes/presets thats full of examples and fun themes to try out.
- The background settings are now also saved between sessions, this was an oversight in previous releases.
- The save UI has been updated.
- There's now a file picker built in that allows you to choose a directory.
- You can still type the filename exactly like you used to.
- The file picker will update along with the text you enter.
- The BrastinOS boot sequence is now a lot cleaner
- Its been made much faster and more responsive as it is split into two seperate threads.
- A splash screen has been added which shows the boot sequence in real time, this also adds to the responsiveness as this splash starts almost instantly.
- Any errors will show in this console log for debugging purposes if it freezes at any point.
- If the brastinos or data folder is missing, the OS will not attempt to boot and instead prompt you with instructions to fix the problem.
- You can opt to retry the boot , view the console for more information or quit.
- There's also a boot animation
Misc Visual Improvements
- BrastinOS logo has been added to start
- A visual bug with the colour picker has been fixed.
- More window animation bugs have been fixed.
- More fixes to search
- Config file bugs have been fixed
- Probably more stuff I just cant remember, bug fixes tend to not be very memorable sorry
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.